Stop settling for 1% reply rates and use these trigger events to consistently achieve 15% reply rates with your cold emails.
Cold email still works!
But many salespeople still take the spray and pray approach to sending cold emails.
For the last several years I've used these B2B Sales Triggers to increase the relevancy of my message, which allows me to consistently achieve 15% reply rates and in turn, has generate millions in revenue for my businesses and my customers.
The reality is that 97% of prospects aren't actively looking to purchase a new solution...so building lists based on job titles or personas is pointless.
Just because they match your buyer persona, it doesn't mean they are interested in hearing from you right now.
Instead, you need to focus on sales triggers (also known as buyer signals), for the following two reasons:
- Right message, right time - a sales trigger can help you take action as soon as the ideal conditions for buying and selling between you and your prospects happen.
- Scalable personalization - as long as your message is relevant to the sales trigger, you can send the same message to multiple prospects. No need for those cheesy AI generated intro lines that don't work.
So, if you're feeling frustrated with your cold email results or have tried in the past and got the feeling it didn't work, then try these 30+ Sales Triggers.
Once you start using them, you'll realise that cold emailing isn't about volume. It's about working smarter, not harder.
It's really about matching the right trigger with the right message.
- 30 B2B Sales Triggers for increasing relevancy in your cold email outreach.
- A description of each trigger and how it can be used.
- A relevance factor - describing how relevant the trigger could be.
- A time/difficulty rating - representing how difficult the data is to locate or how time consuming it is to do so.
Here's an example of one of the video instructions for the triggers. This video walks through the "Engaged Content - Liked or Shared" trigger:
Who is this for?
These Sales Triggers are best used in a B2B sales environment. People that can use them include:
- Full cycle AEs
Why are triggers important?
Without a trigger (or compelling event) your email is going to get lost amongst the sea of other outreach.
I often say that "you can't sell car insurance to someone who doesn't have a car".
These triggers can help you not only identify which people have cars - but also when their car insurance is up for renewal.
Excuse the analogy, but it should translate.
Triggers = Relevancy
Relevancy = Replies
Replies = Meetings Booked
Meetings Booked = Revenue (if you have a solid product and decent salespeople)
Why should I listen to you?
Solid question and there's a lot of snake oil being sold these days. Here's a couple of my sales credentials:
- I’ve personally closed over $1,000,000 in revenue in the last 2.5 years - most of which was generated using cold email and triggers.
- I’ve generated millions of dollars in net new ARR for B2B SaaS companies over the past 5 years, through my consulting.
- I lead the Outbound Prospecting course and Cold Email Writing Bootcamp at Sales Impact Academy and have coached 1000’s of SDR’s.
- I co-founded (and exited) a Digital PR Agency that relies on pitching our customers as interview guests on podcasts (via email and social media) where we achieve an average 65% response rate (often higher) and booked over 2,000 interviews.
- I previously ran TaskDrive, a lead research and data enrichment service, and oversaw the optimization of 100’s of customers’ outbound email campaigns.
- People come to me when they’re struggling to get replies, book meetings, and close deals through outbound prospecting.
Why is this free?
This is V1 of a more comprehensive resource I plan to launch.
V2 will include additional triggers as well as:
- Recommended technology/tools you can use to find the data for these triggers
- "How to videos" of how you can set up the data collection for each trigger to automate the process
- Email templates you can use for each trigger
But, if you're feeling generous, you can purchase this for a few pounds/dollars and fuel my coffee habit.
How long will it take to see results?
This depends on how quickly you can launch a new campaign.
Once you've set up the trigger collection and crafted a message which connects that trigger with the solution you have.
You should see immediate results in the number of replies and meetings booked.
Ok. This sounds awesome. What do I do next?
Click the "I want this" button and you'll have full access to the Sales Trigger Matrix.
Let me know when you're too busy with positive replies and meetings.
On and up!
Access to a live Google Sheet with 30+ B2B Sales Triggers, including: